Trade PR & Marketing Executive – Permanent (Part Time – 24 hours)*
We are seeking to recruit a Trade PR & Marketing Executive within our Commercial team. The successful candidate will be supporting the day-to-day PR and marketing activity of the Trade Marketing team. Reporting to the Trade Marketing Manager, the Trade PR & Marketing Executive works collaboratively with the Multi-Sector Retail and Out of Home Channel sales team, the Brand Communications team and the Brand teams to support in the delivery of the Taylors of Harrogate and Yorkshire Tea trade communication strategies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Trade Marketing Manager (TMM) in the research and delivery of trade PR strategies
- Responsible for the trade press office covering out of home, convenience, wholesale, independent retail and grocery media, identifying and pursuing worthwhile opportunities, responding to enquiries and sending out mailers
- Support the TMM with the organisation and delivery of PR campaigns including events, press visits, interviews and photo shoots, ensuring activity is well-researched, well-organised and in a style that represents our brands and values
- Support the TMM with copywriting by preparing press releases, website posts, invitations, internal communications and a monthly internal bulletin
- Responsible for clipping, logging and sharing all media coverage
- Support the TMM in the delivery of trade shows and sponsored awards ceremonies, in particular with event logistics (travel and accommodation, expenses, timings and deadlines, deliveries and bookings)
- Responsible for keeping the taylorsoutofhome.co.uk website up-to-date, posting regular news posts and sending out requests that derive from web campaigns
- Responsible for ordering Point of Sale items and briefing in new designs
- Responsible for rolling out advertising campaigns according to the media plan and briefing in versions for customers’ brochures
- Support the TMM to develop marketing materials for use with the out of home field sales agency and for out of home new business mailers when required
- Support with ad hoc customer-specific activation
- Responsible for compiling post-activity evaluations, to ensure success is measured, sharing learnings where appropriate
You’ll be educated to a degree standard or have relevant experience in trade PR or events management and be able to work collaboratively and build strong relationships quickly within cross functional teams. You will also have good communication skills and be proficient at interpreting and analysing data. Due to the nature of this role the person may need to flex their working pattern occasionally depending on events.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter outlining your interest alongside a copy of your CV before end of play day on Monday 27th January 2020.
*The working hours are up to 24 hours per week. Fewer working hours and flexible working arrangements could be discussed and negotiated during the interview.