Specialty Coffee (Discovery) Operations Developer – Permanent Role
Do you have a passion for coffee roasting and thrive in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment? If so, a unique opportunity has arisen to join the team that’s developing Taylors ‘Discovery’, the small-batch, experimental arm of the Taylors coffee business.
Following the launch of its online shop, the business is now developing in and beyond digital, with the ambition to push coffee products beyond the humble roasted bean.
As an active member of our start-up team, you will be jointly responsible for operations, through the start-up test phase, scale-up and transition to business as usual. This will include roasting, packing & dispatch; alongside the constant development of our processes and systems.
To be successful in this role you must be confident in your ability to:
- Manage inventory & stock control.
- Use spreadsheets at advanced/ intermediate levels alongside ability to analyse data using pivot tables
- Manage deliveries, returns, orders & third-party logistics suppliers.
- Schedule, plan & complete roasting of coffee (training provided).
- Complete orders, support consumer enquiries.
- Keep up to date on sales & stock levels for management and operations.
- Identify and deliver improvement across all operations.
- Ensure health & safety of facility (including all the equipment).
- To be able to taste, brew and talk about coffee and make decisions.
To be successful in this role you will need a ‘start-up mindset’; to be comfortable in dealing with multiple stakeholders and able to quickly learn and develop retail and operational systems.
Also desirable will be experience within start-up teams, an e-commerce environment or coffee roaster. Your ability to build relationships, to listen, to speak and act without ego will be crucial.
We’re looking for a resilient, self-initiating and tenacious person with a collaborative mindset, sense of fun & a passion for coffee.
To apply, please send a covering letting outlining your interest alongside a copy of your CV to before end of Friday 4th December 2020.