Senior Packaging Artworker – 12 Months Fixed Term
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join our design team. The Senior Packaging Artworker is responsible for the creation of packaging artwork and co-ordination of repro to ensure designs go to print on timely fashion and quality is upheld while ensuring brand guidelines are followed and the quality and accuracy of files from agencies and printers is maintained
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the production of accurate packaging artwork and co-ordinating the repro of print-ready files for all packaging print processes.
- To follow brand guidelines and internal processes and to check all files for accuracy of content, colour separations and technical printability.
- Apply guidelines for ethical and sustainability certifications on pack.
- Use online approval systems to upload, monitor and ensure approval of artwork. Proactively ensure artwork approvals are obtained from both internal and external stakeholders before releasing files to print.
- Work with repro agencies and third parties to ensure work is completed to deadlines.
- Follow colour management guidelines for final packaging sign off. Check colour of repro proofs, swatches and ensure first print run is colour correct. Provide colour standards for the incoming goods checks.
- Closely collaborating with the Packaging Artwork Specialist in attending project meetings for new products and follow product development, contributing to project timeline estimates and origination costs.
- Work closely with packaging buyers and packaging technologists to agree specifications, costs and print deadlines.
- Be a key point of contact for third parties on own label packaging projects. Manage approval of own label packaging to deadlines.
- Attend pre-art meetings and provide technical guidance as required to retail teams.
- Provide timely communication on activities; workload levels and projects.
- Ensure communicating proactively about workloads and projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Co-ordinate creation and supply of 3D visuals, including creation of all Brandbank images to spec.
- Manage image library of product shots. Supply product images as required to internal customers, ensure file naming protocol is applied.
- Travel as required to printers locations within UK, Europe & Middle East for press passes.
Our ideal candidate will have a solid experience in a packaging artwork/repro studio environment, for brands and own label. Also, the candidate will have a proven experience in artwork origination for packaging, including origination from scratch, amending existing designs, creative retouching. In addition, you will have a good understanding of different packaging print processes and the ability to check colour separations. You will also understand colour management requirements and will be able to check colour on samples, final proofs and press passes is a must. Similarly, strong software skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and experience in creating and running Asset Management systems.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit a covering letter and send it alongside your CV. The closing date for this position is midday on Monday 26th August 2019.