R&D Specification Technologist (Full Time – Permanent)
As part of the R&D team, you will manage and maintain all aspects of own label and branded specification writing and management, including product forms, packing specs and raw materials. You will also be responsible for the creation and maintenance of product related data within IFS including new part setup and BOMs. The role will also include aspects of supplier compliance and forms an important linkage between R&D specification development, and implementation into production.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Writing and maintaining finished product specifications (own label and branded) within internal and retailer specification systems
- Ownership of product related data within IFS including parts and BOM creation processes
- Barcode Creation
- Reviewing and supporting development of product forms /development specifications
- Liaising with R&D technologists/external suppliers to maintain raw material specifications
- Working cross functionally with other departments to link into specification development, including artwork process
- Working with scientific and regulatory management to apply and maintain up to date knowledge on all relevant legislation, including labelling requirements
- Support technical aspects of supplier compliance as required
- Data governance/ownership linked to specifications and Supplier compliance
- Support development and training of the specifications system and ways of working as part of continuous improvement
To be successful in this role you will be technically trained in a relevant discipline to degree level and/or have a proven experience in food & beverage environment or similar. You will be strong in IT proficiency, specifically MS Office and the use of specifications systems including those of own label customers. You will also have a meticulous attention to details and accuracy with excellent planning and organisational skills.
Additionally, you will have the ability to work alongside multiple stakeholders with a collaborative/cross functional manner.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining your interest to before midday on Tuesday 27th October 2020.