R&D Packaging Technologist – 12 Months Fixed Term
As part of the R&D team, you will support the development of packaging for new and existing products, conduct testing of finished packs to assist the setting of quality standards and work with suppliers on improving the technical performance on existing packaging within the R&D Team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of new packaging materials and formats along with the continuous improvement in packaging materials across the Taylors portfolio
- Act as the packaging specialist on NPD, EPD & RD project teams as required
- Work with R&D and Ops/Engineering to understand material/packaging performance in Operations
- Attend and support Operations Production with packaging issues on the lines
- Arrange and coordinate trials including trial paperwork generation, management of paperwork and being present at arranged trials as part of continuous improvement of existing packaging
- To agree trial materials and dates with suppliers and internally for trials to hit deadlines.
- Write and maintain packaging specifications
- Assist the R&D Packaging Technical team with NPD and EPD projects
- Attend external and internal visits with suppliers to support maintaining relationships and develop packaging as part of NPD, EPD or CI projects.
- Conduct testing on packaging to ensure it meets the specification and on finished packs to determine quality standards
- Support front end innovation work with packaging concepts
To be successful in this role you will have a previous technical expertise in packaging dealing with cartons, flexibles, corrugated and print processes ideally within hot beverages or wider FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) category. You will also, ideally be educated with a science studies degree or a obtained a technical qualification in packaging studies.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining your interest to before midday on Thursday 20th June 2019.