We are currently looking for an experienced R&D Packaging Manager on a 2-year fixed term contract.
As part of the R&D team, you will identify and implement packaging solutions that support and drive our NPD & EPD portfolios in line with R&D KPIs, Taylors Category Vision and Future Picture. Your remit will span through concept generation and prototyping, in which you’ll take a lead role in testing and development of packaging initiatives to ensure robust solutions that can be industrialised in-house or with a 3rd party co-packer.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Drive packaging development projects from ideation to implementation to support the Taylors product development pipeline (innovation and renovation).
- Scouting for new technologies, material advancements, and novel concepts and translate into opportunities for Taylors product pipelines using open innovation approaches and internal capability development.
- Lead discovery phase projects and those where packaging is a major focus.
- Provide technical packaging expertise for NPD/EPD projects as well as the wider business when required.
- Influence R&D pipeline through technical knowledge and consumer insight to ensure our products continue to engage and excite consumers.
- Create packaging prototypes, from simple mock-ups through to fully functional branded packs that can be tested with consumers.
To be successful in this role you will have a significant previous experience in delivering packaging development within innovation, ideally within hot beverages or wider FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) category. You will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your interest before midday on Friday 27th April 2018.