An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a full time Payroll Manager to join our busy Payroll team on an interim basis for 2 years to enable the release of our existing Payroll Manager to pick up a key piece of work for the business.
Based in Harrogate, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the Payroll function and ensuring that employees are paid, accurately, in keeping with current legislation and on-time. They will also be responsible for developing and supporting the Payroll Team and being the Payroll ‘expert’ on Group-wide projects that require Payroll input.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the running of 7 weekly and 2 monthly payrolls for 1400 employees from start to finish ensuring that they are paid accurately and on time.
- Leading a team of 4 Payroll professionals.
- Leading on the delivery of key compliance projects from a Payroll perspective.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Supporting the installation of new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Compiling monthly pension data to pension provider.
- Acting as the escalation point for complex queries.
- Compliance with (and keeping up to date with) the relevant legislative requirements and employment law (including the relevant statutory declarations).
- Supporting the Head of Payroll.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Developing appropriate process and governance structures, and controls to mitigate risk and provide a payroll function which is sustainable and fit for the future.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant payroll experience and be comfortable with high volume payroll activity
- Previous experience of working in a similar post with a background in managing both weekly and monthly payrolls
- Experience of using ITrent HR & Payroll system
- Experience of prioritising, planning and delivering change in a complex environment.
- Passionate about, and demonstrable evidence of driving payroll improvements
- Experience of working in a management role and managing a payroll team
- Strong technical and legislative knowledge of payroll and employment and tax law
- Knowledge/experience in the field of pensions
- Experience of being a business partner and support to key stakeholders
A job description and person specification are available upon request. If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply using the link below.
This role will close once a successful candidate has been appointed.