An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join our Group Legal Counsel on a permanent basis.
Based at our Group Office in Harrogate, your main responsibility will be to provide assistance to the Group Legal Counsel within our Company Secretariat team. This is a varied role within a small team whose focus is on providing a first-class service to the business.
Specific duties will involve:
- Documenting legal support frameworks on the Group’s Governance SharePoint Site and assisting with the preparation of template documents and FAQs;
- Maintaining data protection logs;
- Assisting with preparation of legal compliance training for the business;
- Assisting with the management of, and where appropriate responding to, ad hoc legal queries from the business;
- Supporting Group Legal Counsel with ad hoc legal project/compliance work;
- Commercial contract support work; and
- Assisting with internal administration and coordination of the Group’s trademark portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience of working in a legal environment (either in a private commercial law practice or in-house) and either have a qualification in Law or other degree with significant legal content; or be part qualified ICSA or ILEX; or working towards a legal qualification. Ideally, you will have some experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and a good knowledge of contract law.
Coupled with all of the above is the need to understand and demonstrate collaborative and peer based ways of working, in line with our company values.
We offer a competitive salary together with excellent benefits. A full job description and person specification are available on request. If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply using the link below.
Closing date for applications is Monday 23rd April 2018