Group External Communications Manager
Are you an External Communications specialist looking for a new and exciting challenge? Does working alongside some of the country’s best-loved brands sound just up your street? If so, a rare opportunity has arisen to join the Group Communications team at Bettys & Taylors as our Group External Communications Manager.
Initially based at home due to Covid-19, we’re looking for an experienced communications professional to join our Group Communications team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will develop and deliver communications plans and activities to enhance and protect Bettys & Taylors corporate reputation as a values-led Great Yorkshire family business.
To be successful you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Experience of leveraging and managing opportunities to protect and enhance corporate (as opposed to brand) reputation, particularly in terms of promoting sustainability ambitions and employer brand; authoring external statements and reports; co-ordinating award entries, benchmarking and leveraging memberships.
- Experience of managing websites and other digital platforms, building engagement and developing compelling content.
- Strong media management and press office management skills.
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to create a wide variety of content (long copy, short copy, film, etc) for varying audiences; the ability to transform complex and technical issues into simple and engaging content.
- Strong crisis and issues communications skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels and establish solid and productive relationships with internal and external partners.
A full role profile with responsibilities and essential skills is available on request. Part-time working requests will be considered.
If you think this opportunity would suit you, please submit a cover letter telling us why you're the right person for the role and your CV using the link below.
The closing date for applications is 7th March 2021.