Group Communications Assistant (Fixed term for 6 months)
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Group Communications Assistant to join Bettys & Taylors Group on a fixed term basis for 6 months.
Based at our site at Plumpton Park in Harrogate, this role will provide hands-on support across both internal and external communications as part of our Group PR team. The role offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of communications channels for Bettys & Taylors Group; from helping to produce quality content, video and images for newsletters, web copy, blogs and external press materials to working on our annual programme of events and community initiatives.
You’ll have keen news sense and the skills to identify and place brand-enhancing stories with the media that tell the Bettys & Taylors story. You’ll also have experience in handling basic reactive media enquiries and building strong relationships with key media and internal stakeholders. Reporting directly to the Head of Group Communications, this role requires a self-starter with a common-sense approach who has some proven experience in communications.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good storytelling/copywriting/editorial skills – and some proven experience in writing compelling content across a range of formats.
- Experience of delivering proactive media coverage and reacting to ad hoc media enquiries.
- Experience of working directly with suppliers such as photographers, designers, and videographers to produce briefs and give direction that enhances output
- Good organisational skills with a proven track record of working on internal/ external events.
- PR/ communications experience working within an in-house or agency environment.
A job description and person specification are available on request.
Please apply online below providing a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role.
Closing date for applications is 22nd September 2019.