An opportunity has arisen for a Core Finance Manager to join the Taylors Core Finance team on a 24-month fixed-term-contract.
Leading the Core Finance Team, this role will ensure delivery of accurate and robust management reporting and financial planning, ensuring adherence to and continual improvement of financial controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a member of the Finance Leadership team, influences, contributes and supports the delivery of finance team objectives
- Management of the accurate and timely production of the annual Budget and supporting analysis, including presentation to Leadership Team and preparation of Budget Board Pack
- To ensure adequate financial controls are in place, to safeguard our assets and the accuracy of our financial statements & ensure compliance with Bettys and Taylors Group policies, for example on purchasing, supplier management, travel, and expense claims.
- To lead and develop the Core Finance team, ensuring that appropriate structure, succession planning, behaviours, processes and procedures are in place.
- Oversee & manage the accurate and timely production of the monthly management accounts and quarterly reforecast, review supporting analysis and co-ordinate submission to Group Finance Responsible for ensuring management information used within Taylors is fit for purpose, and drives delivery of our business objectives
- To ensure close control of both sales ledger and purchase ledger, along with control and management of cash flow
- Preparation of the annual Financial Calendar and ensure that robust planning, budgeting and forecasting processes are in place and enacted
- Production of monthly management report, monthly briefing notes and slides to agreed timescales.
To be successful in the role, you will be a fully qualified accountant with a proven track record of delivering at a managerial level, ideally within an FMCG organisation. You will be confident in providing robust analysis and insight, coupled with the ability to influence and contribute to long term financial planning processes. Strong people management experience is essential as this role has various line management responsibilities, with subsequent accountabilities for a transactional team. Excellent communication, numerical and analytical skills are essential, coupled with the ability to build strong cross functional relationships to enable progress and change.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest to Taylors.HR@bettysandtaylors.co.uk.