Consumer Insight Manager (Permanent)
We are seeking to recruit a Consumer Insight Manager within our Commercial Team. The successful candidate will act as a consultant, proactively and in response to briefs, to provide the business with quality actionable consumer insight and foresight. The role will lead and enable consumer closeness and curiosity; understanding and bringing the consumer to life in an impactful way. The Consumer Insight Manager must be able to develop effective and meaningful relationships with key stakeholder, making appropriate recommendations on actions to help attract and retain our target consumers, through pulling the levers of the marketing mix. They will also lead the management and maintenance of all consumer insight in a central and accessible hub.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Champions consumer closeness and curiosity and brings the consumer to life in an impactful and accessible way.
- Leads the creation of Consumer Insight briefs using existing research and various other quality ad-hoc research, insight and foresight to help the business better understand the target consumer, both in the UK and Internationally.
- Actively engaged in industry research and trends, anticipating future customer or market needs.
- Proactively shares powerful actionable consumer understanding with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for recommending, organising, conducting and facilitating appropriate research (new, existing, sources of data) to meet marketing (including NPD) objectives.
- Delivers insightful consumer projects and influence insight to action.
- Responsible for analysing and synthesising qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research and data, to develop a deep understanding of consumer motivations, attitudes and behaviours that will help us attract and retail our target consumer. This will include trends analysis, social listening, consumer feedback, focus groups, surveys, Individual Interviews, Ethnographic & Behavioural studies etc.
- Leads the creation and management of an accessible central hub for consumer insight that is collated, synthesised and organised, enabling effective decision making to grow our business in line with our Values and KPIs.
- Collaborates with the Innovation Team on the co-ordination of qualitative concept testing methods as part of the Innovation process.
- Collaborates with R&D and Category insight leads to combine sensory, technical & category insight into the front-end process.
- Continually builds and develops the existing portfolio of data & research providers to ensure we get access to the most appropriate insight and the optimum service level with the best ROI.
The successful candidate will be educated to a bachelor’s degree with a vast experience of in Consumer Insight preferably within FMCG. You will be expert in understanding research initiatives, insight tools and proven and innovative research methods. You will also have demonstrated extensive experience in creative research, advanced analyses, and fact-based discussions to strengthen country, channel and brands strategies and plans. Strong verbal and written communications are must.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter outlining your interest alongside a copy of your CV. The closing date for applications is Monday 24th February 2020.