Commercial Purchasing Manager – 14 month Fixed Term Contract (Covering Maternity Leave)
The Procurement Team at Bettys are looking for a Commercial Purchasing Manager to lead the team to cover a period of maternity leave. This role is responsible for leading and developing a team of five to source suppliers, negotiate pricing and develop relationships with key suppliers.
The role oversees the buying of raw materials, packaging, giftware and small equipment for our Craft Bakery, five Branches, Bettys by Post online operation and Cookery School.
You will lead supplier relationships and initiate and deliver specific purchasing efficiencies, commercial benefits and improvements that are aligned to our business objectives. You will collaborate with a range of stakeholders to forecast, analyse and plan the demand in line with the future business requirements and contracts, as well as manage the impact of day-to-day changes and challenges.
- Experience in buying gained in the Food & Beverage industry;
- Degree plus CIPS level 4 or higher in Procurement and Supply;
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a small team;
- High levels of commerciality with the ability to identify cost savings, add value through consolidation or other;
- Negotiation and contracting skills;
- Sound understanding of food safety and health and safety - Level 2 Food Safety (desirable).
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package;
- Salary range £45,000 - £52,000 payable depending on experience
- Quarterly Group Profit Share based on a percentage of your annual salary;
- Staff discounts and free meals whilst on site;
- Outstanding learning and development opportunities.
This is a full-time role contracted to 37.5 hours per week. This role is based at Bettys Bakery, Starbeck, Harrogate, but hybrid working is available.
A full role profile including responsibilities and essential skills/experience is available on request. For details of how to apply please visit our website:
The closing date for applications is: Sunday 5th December 2021