Food Technologist (Catering & Retail)
We have an opportunity for a Food Technologist to join the Technical team, based at Bettys Craft Bakery in Harrogate. Reporting to the Technical Manager (Catering & Retail), this role will support the technical activities within our Cookery School and Bettys branches, which include catering and retail operations to meet company, customer and legislative requirements and maintain technical standards in line with our policies and procedures.
- Experience of working in a technical role within the FMCG industry and ideally technical experience in a catering/ hospitality environment
- A Food Science/Technology or relevant qualification in similar related discipline, plus Level 4 Food Safety & Level 4 HACCP
- Meticulous attention to detail, promoting high quality standards
- Experience of auditing and root cause analysis
- Experience in delivering Level 2 Food Safety training (ideally to RSPH requirements)
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to explain difficult concepts, as well as listening and questioning skills
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office and report writing
What's on offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Quarterly Group Profit Share based on a percentage of your annual salary
- Staff discounts and free meals whilst at work
- Outstanding learning and development opportunities
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday, however flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business, including working occasional weekends and bank holidays.
Closing date for applications is 23rd June 2019.