Catering Assistant/Chef (full-time)
We are looking for enthusiastic Chefs to join our Kitchen team here at Bettys York. This role is all about preparing hot & cold delicious food and Barista-style drinks, in order to deliver the Bettys “Deliciously Magical Experience” to every customer. Every day is a different day in our kitchen and we rely on our strong team ethic to meet our high brand standards, achieve excellence in creating our products whilst maintaining the highest level of food safety and health and safety. This role is exciting, fast paced and challenging but highly rewarding.
- The starting rate of pay is £9.35 per hour, increasing to £9.60 per hour once trained, which depending on your experience and appetite to learn can take 3 months. Further training, to increase to a pay rate of £9.94 per hour is also available;
- In addition, an Annual Pay increase of 2% will be awarded from November 2021. The starting rate of pay will therefore increase to £9.54 per hour;
- A generous profit share scheme where every three months you will receive a share of our profits on top of your normal pay (you start to earn this straight away too!);
- A free meal, snacks & drinks on every shift;
- No split shifts & variety of sociable hours;
- 25% discount in your Bettys Shop;
- Fantastic benefits package including birthday gift, uniform and long service holidays;
- Great opportunities for growth and progression with fantastic training;
- And most importantly, you’ll be joining a friendly team environment.
We need from you:
- Keen interest in food and drink preparation;
- A real passion for creating fresh, great quality food & drink;
- A real team player looking for a new challenge;
- Some knowledge of food hygiene and kitchen experience is desirable but not required as full training will be provided.
There are a number of full-time roles available, working 30 hours per week, 5 days over 7 including evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
Please note that due to the current staffing crisis in the UK, this role will close when filled. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.