Catering Assistant/Chef (full-time)
We are looking for enthusiastic Chefs to join our Kitchen team here at Bettys York. This role is all about preparing hot & cold delicious food and Barista-style drinks, in order to deliver the Bettys “Deliciously Magical Experience” to every customer. Every day is a different day in our kitchen and we rely on our strong team ethic to meet our high brand standards, achieve excellence in creating our products whilst maintaining the highest level of food safety and health and safety. This role is exciting, fast paced and challenging but highly rewarding.
- A starting rate of pay of £10.13 per hour, increasing to £10.60 per hour once trained, which depending on your experience and appetite to learn can take 3 months. Further training, to increase to a pay rate of £11 per hour is also available;
- You will be eligible for our Group Profit Share scheme as soon as you join us! It is paid quarterly as percentage of what you’ve earned in that quarter. This means that when it’s paid, you’ll get a % of your base pay and any overtime earned during that quarter on top of your hourly rate or salary. The percentage is set once a year in line with the performance of the Group. For 2022. this has been set at 7.1%. This scheme, like most bonus schemes is discretionary and non-contractual;
- A free meal, snacks & drinks on every shift;
- No split shifts & variety of sociable hours;
- Health Cash Plan;
- 25% discount in your Bettys Shop;
- Fantastic benefits package including birthday gift, uniform and long service holidays;
- Great opportunities for growth and progression with fantastic training;
- And most importantly, you’ll be joining a friendly team environment.
We need from you:
- Keen interest in food and drink preparation;
- A real passion for creating fresh, great quality food & drink;
- A real team player looking for a new challenge;
- Some knowledge of food hygiene and kitchen experience is desirable but not required as full training will be provided.
There are a number of full-time vacancies available working between 30 and 40 hours per week (30 hours minimum) across 5 days over 7 including evenings and weekends, on a rota basis.
Please note that due to the current staffing crisis in the UK, this role will close when filled. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.