Bettys is an iconic Yorkshire business with extensive reach, renowned for our quality, service excellence, craft and authenticity, and attention to detail. We now have a new opportunity for a Catering & Retail Technologist to join the Technical team, based at Bettys Craft Bakery in Harrogate.
Reporting into the Catering & Retail Technical Manager, the role will support the technical activities within Catering & Retail to meet company, customer & legislative requirements, maintaining technical standards in line with our policies and procedures.
Supporting the Branches and Cookery School, you will carry out GMP Audits and advise management of appropriate corrective actions. You will follow up on the actions and investigate food safety issues where root causes are identified. You will act as a mentor and coach the teams to close off causes to prevent reoccurrences. The role will involve the approval of raw material and food contact packaging and the upkeep of any related documentation and reporting, in line with company governance. You will also be responsible for the technical approval of new and amended menu pages ensuring that food safety, and legal and allergen information are in line with current legislation.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Some experience of working in a technical role within the FMCG industry
- A Food Science/Technology or relevant qualification in similar related discipline
- Meticulous attention to detail, promoting high quality standards
- Some experience of auditing and root cause analysis
- Good knowledge and experience of current food legislation
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to explain difficult concepts, as well as listening and questioning skills
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office and report writing
This is a permanent role and the core hours will be 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business including occasional bank holiday and weekend work. In return we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Further details including a job description and person specification are available on request.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for the role
Closing date for applications is 4th August 2017