Building Services Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Permanent, full-time contract: 37.5 hours per week
Base location: Plumpton Park site, Harrogate
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our Group Property Services (GPS) team for a Building Services Engineer (Electrical Bias). Are you driven to provide an excellent customer service, do you enjoy working as part of a busy team and have experience in a similar role?
GPS provide an essential service to the Bettys and Taylors Group. This busy role involves undertaking and/or organising building services maintenance works across our entire property portfolio. The role is varied including mechanical and electrical maintenance work, minor joinery repairs, painting and plumbing works. The role also supports the business in an advisory capacity and provides a fundamental internal and external customer service.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a property, retail, construction, or facilities management environment
- City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 in Electrical Installation including 18th Edition Wiring Regulations City and Guild 2382.
- Experience of carrying out Mechanical PPMs and fault finding; site maintenance work, minor installation work, PAT testing, small plumbing works and knowledge of using and testing building safety systems
- Enthusiasm to take on this busy role and be passionate about delivering an excellent service
- Strong organisational skills to help manage day-to-day tasks and activities, and adaptability to respond to any urgent matters
- Excellent relationship building skills to work collaboratively with others and in line with our company values
- A full, clean driving licence as the ability to travel between all our properties is essential.
We are happy to discuss flexible working between the hours of 07:00 – 19:00 Monday – Friday as core working hours. Within the team, an out of hours service is provided on a rota basis. On occasions, weekends and evening work may be required to carry out specific tasks that cannot be carried out during normal working hours (e.g. at our café tea rooms).
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- Automatic enrolment in our Group Profit Share Scheme (quarterly bonus)
- Health Cash plan with level 1 paid for by the company (for you and up to 4 dependants)
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Gym membership discounts
- Discount shopping schemes
- Free meals, drinks and delicious treats whilst on our sites
Who are we?
Bettys and Taylors Group are a Yorkshire family business with a passion for making life’s everyday treats even better. Today there are five Bettys Café Tea Rooms in Yorkshire, as well as our Craft Bakery, Cookery School and online shop. Taylors is focused on the founding passion of buying and blending exceptional teas and coffees and is the home of Yorkshire Tea, Taylors Coffee and Speciality Teas.