National Account Manager – UK Grocery (Maternity Cover) (FTC 12 Months)
We are seeking to recruit a National Account Manager within our Grocery Multiples UK Channel on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover for maternity leave. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and developing several UK Grocery multiples, including at least one top of the 6 supermarkets.
Working with Sales team colleagues and other departments including Commercial Finance, Brand Marketing, Shopper and Category Management, you will be responsible for growing our premium brands- including Yorkshire Tea which is now a Top 100 Brand, in an intensely competitive market, through developing and executing sustainable and compelling joint business plans that meet both our financial targets and brand ambitions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the annual joint business plan using the 4p’s
- Negotiation of pricing, terms, promotional mechanics and funding
- Optimising distribution of new and existing Taylors products
- Monitor invoiced sales and EPOS on a weekly basis, adjusting period and quarterly forecasts accordingly and providing appropriate commentary
- Manage the information needs of the retailer, ensuring these are provided promptly and accurately e.g promotional submissions, performance scorecards
- Participating in internal cross-functional project teams
You’ll need to be confident, resilient, numerate and feel comfortable working under your own initiative. You will be a team player, can build and sustain relationships with stakeholders, self-disciplined, flexible and eager to play a part in contributing to our business success in line with our ways of working. For this role we are looking for candidates who have previous experience of dealing with UK supermarket chains at head office level. Exceptional candidates with relevant training & experience of managing discounter retailers, out of home or wholesale- at head office level would also be considered.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter outlining your interest alongside a copy of your CV before closing date Monday 9th December 2019.