Taylors of Harrogate is proud to be leading the way in sustainability. In 2017, our group won its third Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development, recognising our long-term work to build a sustainable tea and coffee supply chain.
We’re committed to being a force for good in the world – now and for generations to come - investing over £1m of profits each year in projects all over the world to help improve the lives and livelihoods of our suppliers and build a quality supply chain that is fit for the future.
An exciting new role is now being introduced to take a lead on how we communicate this through our brands – Taylors of Harrogate and Yorkshire Tea. The opportunity is for a confident, creative and well-organised individual to join the Taylors of Harrogate marketing team as Sustainability Communications Manager.
Acting as the guardian of Taylors of Harrogate’s sustainability communications, you will support on the creation and delivery of an integrated communications strategy that connects the Sustainability and Marketing teams.
Reporting to the Brand Communications Lead, you will have a passion for sustainability and the ability to create and deliver engaging, thought-provoking content. As such, you will need to feel confident and comfortable travelling to some of our tea and coffee growing regions.
This will ensure the protection of brand reputation, deepen understanding of core company values and drive loyalty in the Taylors brands.
A key part of this role is the ability to understand and interpret audience data, using these findings to develop and deliver a best-in-class sustainability communications strategy.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Informed and self-motivated, with a real passion for sustainable practice
- An understanding of some of the world’s key social and environmental challenges.
- Communication skills - including experience producing content for multiple platforms and audiences and transforming technical information into simple and engaging stories
- The ability to build an effective network of relationships around the business and beyond, influencing and driving change where needed.
- Strong organisation, planning & strategic thinking
- An understanding of the dynamics of building and managing reputation
- Strong media relations skills; sustainability titles advantageous
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter before Midday on Friday 25th January 2019